Cause of prejudice:
1. Social inequality
2. Social identity
4. The effect of "us" versus "them"
5. Cognitive sources of prejudice (stereotypes and illusory correlation)
Factors Affecting Social Prejudice:
1. Effect of Personality
2. Education and Status
3. Education Influence Children by Parents
4. influence Group
5. Influence of Politics and Economics
6. Influence of Social Relations
7. influence Communication
Theory of Social Prejudice:
1. Realistic Conflict Theory
2. Social Learning Theory
3. Cognitive theory
4. psychodynamic theory
5. Social Categorization Theory
6. Social Comparison Theory
7. Relative deprivation
Types of Social Prejudice:
According Theodorson & Theodorson, discrimination is unequal treatment of individuals, or groups, based on something, usually categorical, or unique attributes, such as race, ethnicity, religion, or membership of social classes.
According to me, discrimination starts from the existence of social prejudice. And social prejudice is contain attribution (external and internal) and stereotyping.